|1||Name of the Department.||Agriculture.|
|2||Name of Office.||Office of the Assistant Director of Agriculture ( Admn.), Ranaghat Sub-duivision, Nadia.|
|3||Name of officer in charge.||Dr. Ranjan Raychaudhuri.|
|4||Cont. No. ( Office )||03473- 210206.|
|6||Office / Departmental Address.||Municipal Building, Subhash Avenue, P.O.Ranaghat, Dist. Nadia, Pin. 741201.|
|7||General Description.||The sub-division was created for the purpose of execution of different agricultural development scheme under Rastriyo Krishi Vikash Yojona( RKVY), National Food Security Mission (NFSM), different minikit Programmes, Farm Mechanisation Scheme, Issue of Kissan Credit Card, Farmers Old Age Pension under Ranaghat and Kalyani Sub-division, Conducting Fortnightly Training and Visit programme with the execution functionaries of this sub-division, Dissemination of latest Agricultural Technologies like integrated Pest Management, Organizing Bio-Village Programme, package and practices of Agriculturel crops etc. to the farmers are taken up through the Subject Matter Specialist posted in the unit. Dissemination of latest Agricultural Technologies like integrated Pest Management organization Bio-Village programme package and practices of Agricultural crops etc. to the farmers are taken up through the S.M.S posted in the unit, works related with issuance of Fertilizer Letter of Authorization, monitoring of fertilizer business as per fertilizer control order, 1985 sampling of fertilizers for quality control etc. Several extension works like Assessment of crop coverage, crop forecasting, crop insurance, rainfall reporting etc. are monitored by the by the unit. Various social development works through SHGCo-operatives in the light of Agricultural activities are also taken up to by this unit. To combat flood and drought situation and to make contingency planning against natural calamities. This Sub-divisional Agricultural Office is the Drawing and Disbursing unit of six number of Block Officer and one Sub-divisional Adaptive Research Farm at Hanskhali.|
|8||Work Description||1. To Bring all intending and eligible farmers under K.C.C. umbrella.
2. Dissemination of latest technology through conduction of compact demonstration of paddy under BGREI scheme.
3. Farmerawareness campaign in the light of adoption of modern agricultural technology.
4. 100% seed replacement through HYV, certified seeds.
5. Adoption of hybrid paddy cultivation.
6. Extension of crop coverage through plus and oilseeds.
7. 100% seed treatment coverage.
8. Replacing traditional paddy cultivation through SRI ( System of Rice Cultivation)
9. Extension of irrigation potential through distribution of pumps set.
10. Quality seed production through farmers, farmers club, self-help group (SHG), joint liability Group (JLG) etc.
11. Mechanization of Agriculture through subsidize distribution of modern Agril. Implements.
12. Organic farming through Bio-Village programme with an aim towards sustainable agriculture.
13. Sale of fertilizers within MRP/RP.
|9||Different Forms.||1. K.C.C.
2. Soil Testing Form