Hanskhali ICD Project
Tapan Kumar Biswas
Contact & Communication:
Office: 03472 231686 ,
Mobile: +919433944364 ,
Office address: Hanskhali ICDS Project P.O. & P.S.: Hanskhali Dist : Nadia
General Description :
General Description :
The Integrated Child Development Services Programme is one of the Worlds most unique Community Based outreach programmes for early childhood and development. ICDS Programme was launched on 2nd Ocober, 1975- the 106th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi- the Father of the Nation.
A Centrally Sponsored Scheme, wherein the Government of India is responsible for programme planning and Operating costs and the State Government is responsible for programme implementation and supplementary nutrition.
3. The ICDS Team
- Anganwadi Helpers
- Anganwadi Workers (AWWs),
- Child Development Project Officers (CDPOs)
- Additional Child Development Project Officers (ACDPOs) are also a part of the team in larger rural and tribal projects.
- Medical Officers
- Lady Health Visitors (LHVs)
- Female health workers or ANMs
- Primary Health Centres and sub-centres form a team with social welfare/ ICDS functionaries to implement the ICDS Programme.
- AWW is a community based frontline worker and a backbone of the ICDS programme
- To lay the foundation for the proper psychological, physical and social development of the child.
- To improve the Nutritional and Health Status of children below the age of six years.
- To reduce the incidence of mortality, morbidity, malnutrition and school dropouts.
- To achieve effective coordination of policy and implementation among various departments to promote child development.
- To enhance the Capability of the mother to look after the normal health and nutritional needs of the child, through proper nutrition and health education.
ICDS Provides a package of integrated services in a comprehensive and cost effective mammer of meet the multi-dimentional and interrelated needs of children.
Integrated Package of Sevices under ICDS :
- Suplimentary Nutition
- Growth Monitoring
- Nutrition and Health Education
- Health check up
- Identification and Treatment of common childhood Illness and minor Ailments
- Referral Services
Supportive Services and convergence
- Supportive services, such as safe drinking water, Environmental Sanitation, Womens empowerment Programmes and Adult Literacy
Early childhood Care & Preschool Education
- Early care and stimulation of children under 3 years
- Preschool Education to children in the 3-6 years Age Group
The Rajiv Gandhi Scheme for Empowerment of Adolescent Girls (RGSEAG) Sabla is a centrally sponsored program of Government of India initiated on April 1, 2011 under
The objectives of the program are:
- Enable the Adolescent girls for self-development and empowerment
- Improve their nutrition and health status.
- Promote awareness about health, hygiene, nutrition, adolescent reproductive and sexual health (ARSH) and family and child care.
- Upgrade home-based skills, life skills and integrate with the National Skill Development Program (NSDP) for vocational skills.
- Mainstream out of school adolescent girls into formal/non formal education.
- Provide information/guidance about existing public services such as PHC, CHC, Post Office, Bank, Police Station, etc.
Benefiaries :14189 benefiaries is under SABLA of Hanskhali ICDS Project